The deadline for submissions for the “Amplify the Arts” grant program September 17 to be postmarked.
The Berkeley Arts Council has received a state grant to help fund an “Amplify the Arts” program to support smaller arts projects produced by organizations or individuals. Applicants must be residents of, or operate from facilities within, Berkeley County, West Virginia. The funds will be matched by contributions from community sponsors and others supporting the grant recipients.
The Council is accepting applications for the current (2012-2013) fiscal year with an application deadline of September 17, 2012. Projects must be completed by June 30, 2013.
Projects are being sought that will:
- expand availability and accessibility of the arts within our community;
- involve young people in the arts;
- provide arts experiences to new or underserved audiences;
- use the arts in an innovative way to enhance community life;
- show collaboration among two or more organizations and/or individuals.
Grants will be up to $500, or half of the total project budget, whichever is less.