The December 17 deadline for the second round of applications for the “Amplify the Arts” Grant program is fast approaching.
The Berkeley Arts Council has received a state grant to help fund an “Amplify the Arts” program to support smaller arts projects produced by organizations or individuals. The Council is currently accepting applications for the current fiscal year (2012-2013) with a submission deadline of December 17, 2012. We expect the first awards will be announced by the middle of January, 2013. Projects must be completed by June 30, 2013.
Projects are being sought that will:
- expand availability and accessibility of the arts within our community;
- involve young people in the arts;
- provide arts experiences to new or underserved audiences;
- use the arts in an innovative way to enhance community life;
- show collaboration among two or more organizations and/or individuals.
Grants will be up to $500, or half of the total project budget, whichever is less. Applications must be postmarked no later than December 17.
For more information please see the Berkeley Arts Council website here.