BAC strives to provide opportunities for local, regional, and national artists to show their work through the “Artists at the Works” co-op group and various juried and curated exhibits. Along with that goal, BAC works to present a high quality and diverse program of art presentation for the public in Martinsburg, Berkeley County, and throughout the tri-state region.
The Art Works has three display spaces. The front of the gallery is devoted to the “Artists at the Works” co-op group, which currently represents 13 local and regional artists and artisans. Media presented includes painting, photography, ceramics, glass, wood, and jewelry. Behind the co-op is what we call the “main” gallery and then we have a smaller space called the “Back Space”.
The following exhibits are planned now through October:
- February 27 – March 30: Youth Art Month: Berkeley County High School Art Program
- April 3 – May 4: Ninth Annual Art and Earth Juried Exhibit (Deadline for Entries February 25. Enter Here.)
- May 8 – June 1: Solo exhibit by Janet Hockman (Back Space)
- May 8 – June 9: “In the Abstract” Juried Exhibit (Main Gallery – Deadline for Entries April 15. Enter Here.)
- June 5 – July 7: “Young Emerging Artists” Juried Exhibit (Back Space)
- June 12 – July 14: “Transformations: 4 Women Artists” curated by Martha Hanley (Main Gallery)
- July 10 – August 4: “Summer Musings” Unique clocks by Anna Howard (Back Space)
- July 17 – August 11: “The Art of the Human Form” Juried Exhibit (Main Gallery)
- August 7 – August 31: Woodwork by Joe Bourgeois/Paintings by Christine Noad (Back Space)
- August 14 – August 31: Boys and Girls Club Photography (Main Gallery)
- September 4 – October 5: Eastern West Virginia Juried Exhibit (Main Gallery)
- September 4 – October 5: TBD (Back Space)
- October 9 – November 9: American Craft Week Invitational (curated by Annette Verna)
- October 9 – November 9: TBD (Back Space)
- November (TBD) – December 31: Tenth Annual Holiday Art and Craft Market
Some titles and dates are tentative.)
The Berkeley Art Works is located at 116 North Queen Street in Martinsburg. Gallery hours are Wed-Fri 11-5, Sat 11-4. The Berkeley Arts Council is on the Web at https://berkeleyartswv.org/ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.